- The Minor in Analytics will allow students to gain expertise in the current tools of data analytics in engineering systems. Graduates with this minor will be equipped with both technical depth in their chosen discipline and exposure to data-driven decision-making.
Planning for Minor Study and Declaration
- The Analytics minor consists of a collection of five (5) subjects.
- This minor is open only to non-ESD students matriculated from AY2022 onwards.
- The minor will be accorded upon successful completion of the required subjects by Term 8. No extension beyond Term 8 is allowed.
- Students interested in pursuing a minor or minors are required to meet an academic advisor to formulate a study plan. Students who are deemed to be unable to complete the coursework by Term 8 should not embark on a minor programme.
- For all minors, students must formally declare their intention to pursue the minor or minors to the Office of Student Administration (OSA) during the declaration period (typically between the end of Term 3 and one week before the start of Term 4).
- Subsequently, students are required to track their own progress towards completing the minor programme(s) as per the study plan formulated.
- Students who declared earlier but decided not to pursue the minor programme(s) are required to inform OSA in writing. Should the student who declared earlier decide to pursue a different minor, the student is required to inform OSA in writing. Only requests before the end of Term 5’s add/drop period will be entertained, and such requests will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- All other students must declare that they have successfully completed the minor programme(s) and provide any necessary documentation to OSA before graduation in order for the minor(s) to be reflected in their transcript.
- Students must have passed all twelve (12) Freshmore subjects at the point of declaring their intention to pursue a minor.
- Pre-requisite: 10.022 Modelling Uncertainty
|Spring (Term 4/6/8)||Summer (Term 5)|
*Student can only take either 40.319 or 50.007.
- ESD/ISTD/EPD Cross Pillar Electives: Choose up to twenty-four (24) credits from:
- 01.106 Engineering Management
- 30.100 Computational and Data-Driven Engineering
- 30.115 Digital Signal Processing
- 30.120 Design & Manufacturing
- 40.002 Optimisation
- 40.014 Engineering Systems Architecture
- 50.038 Computational Data Science
- 50.039 Theory and Practice of Deep Learning
- 50.043 Database Systems
- 50.045 Information Retrieval
- In order to graduate with a minor, students are required to fulfil the conditions below by the end of Term 8. No extension beyond Term 8 is allowed.
- Successfully complete five (5) prescribed minor subjects which is the equivalent of sixty (60) subject credits.
- Successfully complete all core and designated subjects specified for the minor.
- Successfully complete all pillar and graduation requirements
- Subjects taken to complete a minor shall be graded and computed into the GPA. Unless a minimum passing grade is stated by the pillar, the minimum passing grade shall be a D. Non-letter grading options cannot be used for a minor. Grades earned towards the minor(s) shall still be computed into the GPA even if the student decides not to complete the minor programme(s).
- Credits from successfully completed academic units from external institutions can be recognized towards fulfilling SUTD minor requirements upon approval from the pillar/cluster offering the minor.