- The Minor in Engineering Systems will allow students to combine technical depth in either ISTD or EPD with expertise in the tools of technology management (operations research and engineering systems). Graduates with this minor will become engineers equipped with both technical depth in their chosen discipline and exposure to more broad-based systems and managerial viewpoints from the ESD curriculum.
Planning for Minor Study and Declaration
- The Engineering Systems minor consists of a collection of five (5) subjects required by ESD.
- This minor is open only to EPD and ISTD students matriculated from AY2019 onwards.
- The minor will be accorded upon successful completion of the required subjects by Term 8. No extension beyond Term 8 is allowed.
- Students interested in pursuing a minor or minors are required to meet an academic advisor to formulate a study plan. Students who are deemed to be unable to complete the coursework by Term 8 should not embark on a minor programme.
- For all minors, students must formally declare their intention to pursue the minor or minors to the Office of Student Administration (OSA) during the declaration period (typically between the end of Term 3 and one week before the start of Term 4).
- Subsequently, students are required to track their own progress towards completing the minor programme(s) as per the study plan formulated.
- Students who declared earlier but decided not to pursue the minor programme(s) are required to inform OSA in writing. Should the student who declared earlier decide to pursue a different minor, the student is required to inform OSA in writing. Only requests before the end of Term 5’s add/drop period will be entertained and such requests will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- All other students must declare that they have successfully completed the minor programme(s) and provide any necessary documentation to OSA before graduation in order for the minor(s) to be reflected in their transcript.
- Students must have passed all twelve (12) Freshmore subjects at the point of declaring their intention to pursue a minor.
- Pre/Co-requisite: 30.003/50.034 Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Mandatory: 40.002 Optimisation (Taken in Pillar’s Term 6)
- ESD Electives: Choose at least two (2) subjects from:
|Spring (Term 5)||Summer (Term 8)||Fall (Term 6)|
40.012 Manufacturing and Service Operations
40.014 Engineering Systems Architecture
40.316 Game Theory
|40.015 Simulation Modelling and Analysis
40.016 The Analytics Edge
- ISTD/EPD Electives: Choose up to twenty-four (24) credits from:
- 50.021 Artificial Intelligence
- 50.038 Computational Data Science
- 30.114 Advanced Feedback and Control
- 30.115 Digital Signal Processing
- 30.123 Healthcare Product Design
- 30.117 Electric Power Systems Analysis and Design
- 30.201 Wireless Communications
- 30.111 Entrepreneurship
- 50.007 Machine Learning
- In order to graduate with a minor, students are required to fulfil the conditions below by the end of Term 8. No extension beyond Term 8 is allowed.
- Successfully complete five (5) prescribed minor subjects which is the equivalent of sixty (60) subject credits
- Successfully complete all core and designated subjects specified for the minor
- Successfully complete all pillar and graduation requirements
- Subjects taken to complete a minor shall be graded and computed into the GPA. Unless a minimum passing grade is stated by the pillar, the minimum passing grade shall be a D. Non-letter grading options cannot be used for a minor. Grades earned towards the minor(s) shall still be computed into the GPA even if the student decides not to complete the minor programme(s).