Before joining SUTD, Karthyek was a post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Columbia University. He received his PhD from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. His research interests lie broadly in applied probability and stochastic processes, with special emphasis on models and methods that arise in Operations Research. During his stints as a post-doctoral researcher and graduate student, he also held visiting research positions in Columbia, Brown and Stanford. His works have been recognized with TCS research and IBM International PhD fellowships.
- PhD in Computer and System Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (2015)
- MS in Computer and System Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (2012)
- BEng in Electronics and Communication, College of Engineering – Guindy (2009)
- Applied Probability and Stochastic Processes,
- Distributionally Robust Optimisation and its applications to machine learning,
- Estimation of tail risks
To view all publications, click here.
- IBM International PhD Fellowship (2013-14)
- TCS Graduate Research Fellowship
- TIFR-Sasken best thesis award (2015)