- Ph.D. – Operations Research, Stanford University, 1980
- M.S. – Statistics, Stanford University, 1978
- B.A. – Honors Economics with Mathematics, 1975
Production planning and scheduling, multi-echelon inventory management, supply chain management, integrated production and transportation planning, graphical modeling systems, robust inventory optimization, and methodologies for design and systems engineering.
- Peter Jackson and Oguzhan Vicil, “Computationally Efficient Optimization of Stock Pooling and Allocation Levels for Two Demand Classes Under General Lead Time Distributions”. IIE Transactions. To appear.
- Peter Jackson and Sirietta Simonchini, “Design and Systems Thinking: Integrating Effectiveness and Efficiency,”. Proceedings of the 2016 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference H. Yang, Z. Kong, and MD Sarder, eds.
- Peter Jackson and Amar Sapra, “On the Equilibrium Behavior of a Supply Chain Market for Capacity,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, Winter 2013, pp. 132–147.
- Peter Jackson, Yuemeng Sun and Johannes Wissel, “Separation Results for Multi-Product Inventory Hedging Problems,” Annals of Operations Research. Published online: 16 October 2013. DOI 10.1007/s10479-013-1473-6.
- Peter Jackson and Amar Sapra, “A Continuous Time Analog of the Martingale Model of Forecast Evolution,” IIE Transactions, DOI:10.1080/0740817X.2012.761367, 2013
- Peter Jackson, Jie Chen and John A. Muckstadt, “Exact Analysis of a Lost Sales Model under Stuttering Poisson Demand”, Technical Note, Operations Research, Articles in Advance, pp. 1–5, 2011.
- Peter Jackson, Kathryn E. Caggiano, John A. Muckstadt and James A. Rappold, “Efficient computation of time-based customer service levels in a multi-item, multi-echelon supply chain: A practical approach for inventory optimization” European Journal of Operational Research (2008)
- Peter Jackson and K.E. Caggiano), “Finding Minimum Flow Time Cyclic Schedules for Non-Identical, Multistage Jobs,” IIE Transactions, 40:1, 45 – 65 (2008).
- Peter Jackson, S. Zhou, R. Roundy, and R. Zhang, “The Evolution of Family Level Sales Forecasts into Product Level Forecasts: Modeling and Estimation.”, IIE Transactions (2007), 39:9, 831 – 843.
- Peter Jackson, K. Caggiano, J. Muckstadt, and J. Rappold, “Optimizing Service Parts Inventory in a Multi-Echelon, Multi-Item Supply Chain with Time-Based Customer Service Level Agreements,” Operations Research, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 303-318 (2007).