Health Analytics Asia Pacific
Penny is a Partner, leading Health and Healthcare Analytics in Asia Pacific for Accenture.
Penny has more than 30 years of experience working in all aspects of healthcare. She has been a clinician, a CEO of a community health provider, CEO of a health analytics company, and worked within the NPfIT programme in the UK.
Penny received a Bachelor of Dental Surgery from King’s College in the University of London & a Master of Business Administration from the University of Auckland (New Zealand)
Selected Relevant Experience
- NHS North West London – McKinsey & Co lead for the delivery of a large analytics platform and associated tools to support the operational roll out of integrated care across all care settings in North West London.
- CEO McKinsey Advanced Healthcare Analytics – Developed solutions to extract and integrate data at a patient level from multiple clinical and administrative systems. Analytics tools and advanced analytics services (I,e. people) to assist customers to drive insight and action from the information that can be collected.
- National Programme for IT (UK) – Deputy Programme Director for (London LSP, with BT Health) and BT Health Clinical Director ensuring the delivery of a GBP 1.2 billion contract of work. Responsible for design,delivery and end user engagement.
- Implementation Experience – Penny has implemented technology in healthcare environments constantly over the last ten years. Prior to that she was Regional Industry Leader for Public Sector and Partner for Deloitte Consulting across Asia Pacific. She was associated with the leadership and delivery of operational change programmes in all areas of healthcare. She has participated in the largest civil health programme in the world and is very familiar with the multiple challenges that programmes such as this deliver
- Stakeholder engagement– Penny has continuously engaged with stakeholders throughout her work and isa well respected facilitator of all groups especially clinical groups.
- Health IT systems– Penny has worked as a client, an advisor, a developer and a vendor of clinical andadministrative systems in healthcare. She understands the industry in depth. She also understands the application and use of health informatics, business intelligence, information governance and security in healthcare environments
Strengths, Skils and Expertise
- More than 30 years local and international healthcare experience
- Health analytics and informatics
- Management of large complex health programmes – design through delivery
- Clinical and health management stakeholder engagement
- Restructuring, leadership & management of operational change in health payors and providers
- Healthcare delivery process design
- Health IT systems – clinical, operational, financial and analytics systems