Shrutivandana Sharma has been with the Engineering Systems & Design Pillar since 2013. Prior to joining SUTD, she was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, where she worked with Prof. Oded Berman and Prof. Hossein Abouee-Mehrizi. She received her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering: Systems from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 2009 under the supervision of Prof. Demosthenis Teneketzis, and her B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, in 2004. She also held research position at Yahoo! Labs, India from December 2009 to April 2012.
Her current research interests are in stochastic control, decentralised decision making, and incentive provision problems arising in logistics and supply chain management, and healthcare operations.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering: Systems, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (2009)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering: Systems, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (2007)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (2004)
- H. Abouee-Mehrizi, O. Berman and S. Sharma, “Optimal Joint Replenishment and Proactive Transshipment Policies in a Multi-Period Inventory System”, Under review.
- A. Kakhbod, A. Nayyar, S. Sharma and D. Teneketzis, “Power allocation, spectrum sharing, and revenue maximization in wireless networks: An implementation theory approach” in “Mechanisms and games for dynamic spectrum allocation”, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- S. Sharma and D. Teneketzis, “Local public good provision in networks: A Nash implementation mechanism”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication – Special Issue on Network Economics, Vol. 30, No. 11, 2012.
- S. Sharma and D. Teneketzis, “A game-theoretic approach to decentralized optimal power allocation for cellular networks”, Telecommunication Systems journal, Vol. 47, June 2011.
- S. Sharma, M. Spreitzer, M. Steinder and A. Tantawi, “Decentralized allocation of CPU computation power for web applications”, Performance Evaluation journal, Vol. 67, Issue 11, November 2010.
- S. Sharma and D. Teneketzis, “An externalities-based decentralized optimal power allocation algorithm for wireless network”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 17, No. 6, December 2009.