Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Dr Sumit Sakhuja is a Post Doc Research Fellow with Engineering Systems and Design pillar at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Prior to joining SUTD, he worked as Research Fellow at The Logistics Institute Asia Pacific, NUS Singapore for 2 years. He holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering from IIT Delhi. He received in M.Tech in Industrial and Production Engineering and B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Dr. Sakhuja has also worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering at GD Goenka World Institute, India in collaboration with Lancaster University, UK.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- M.Tech in Industrial and Production Engineering, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Kurukshetra University, India
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management: supply chain design problems
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Management: scheduling, forecasting problems
- Logistics issues in E-commerce
- Supply Chain and Logistics issues in healthcare systems
- Applications of Social Network Analysis in supply chains
- Applications of Multi Criteria Decision Making
Peer Reviewed International Journals
- Sakhuja, S. and Jain, V, Structural Investigation of service supply chain: A social network analysis approach” International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR). Forthcoming
- Sakhuja, S., Jain, V., Kumar, S., Chandra, C., and Ghildayal, S. K., (2016). “Genetic Algorithm Based Fuzzy Time Series Tourism Demand Forecast Model, Industrial Management and Data Systems. Vol 116, No. 3, pp. 483-507.
- Jain, V., Sangaiah, A. K., Sakhuja, S., Thoduka, N., and Aggarwal, R. (2016). “Supplier selection using fuzzy AHP and TOPSIS: a case study in the Indian automotive industry”. Neural Computing and Applications, Vol. 29, No. 7., pp. 555-564
- Sakhuja, S., Jain, V., Kumar, S., and Chandra, C. (2016). “A Structured Literature Review of Service Supply Chain: Potentials, Challenges and Integrated Framework”. Journal of the Academy of Business Education. Winter 2016, Vol. 17, pp. 270-295.
- Sakhuja, S., Jain, V., and Dweiri, F. (2014). “Application of an Integrated MCDM Approach in Selecting Outsourcing Strategies in Hotel Industry”. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management. Vol 15, No. 3 pp. 304-324.
- Sakhuja, S., Jain, A., and Singh, S., (2012). “Job shop scheduling optimization with sequence-dependent set up times using genetic algorithm approach”. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems. Vol 14, No 1, pp. 41-48.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Timperio, G., de Souza, R., Bernado, B.P., Sakhuja, S. and Sunardhi, Y., (2018). September. Multi-method decision support framework for supply network design. In Hamburg International Conference of Logistics (HICL) 2018 (pp. 197-219). epubli.
- Sakhuja, S, Timperio, G., Lindawati, and De Souza, R. (2017). “Multi-Criteria Decision Making framework for selecting distribution strategy in E-Commerce”, 6th International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transportation, IEEE, 24-27 June 2017, Bali.
- Jain, V., and Sakhuja, S., (2014). “Structural investigation of a healthcare value chain: A social network analysis approach”, Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), IEEE International Conference on, 9-12 Dec. 2014, Malaysia, pp.179 – 183.
- Sakhuja, S., and Jain, V., (2012). “Service Supply Chain: An Integrated Conceptual Framework”, Proceedings of 42nd International conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, 16-18 July 2012, Cape Town, South Africa, pp. 216-1-9.
- Sirmorya, A., Gulati, S., Sakhuja, S., and Jain, V., (2013). “A fuzzy time series forecasting model to forecast accidents”, International Conference on Information and Mathematical Sciences 2013, Bhatinda, Punjab, pp. 113-115.
- Sakhuja, S., Jain, A., and Singh, S. (2011). “Job shop scheduling optimization with sequence-dependent set up times using genetic algorithm approach”, The International Conference on Agile Manufacturing Systems (ICAM), Agra, India, pp. 113-118.
- PhD scholarship, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, 2011-2014.
- Awarded travel grant from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), to attend 42nd International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering 2012 held at Cape Town, South Africa.