Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Carlos Murguia was born on May 18th 1984 in Mexico City, Mexico. In September 2003, he started his undergraduate education at the Autonomous Metropolitan University (UAM), Mexico City, Mexico. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2007. He continued his education at the Center for Research and Advanced Studies of the National Polytechnic Institute (CINVESTAV), Mexico City, Mexico, where he obtained a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering in 2009, specializing in mechatronics and control theory. His master’s thesis was entitled “Lateral Dynamics Control of a Single Rotor Airship“. In November 2010, Carlos started his PhD research in the Dynamics and Control group at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Eindhoven University of Technology, working on controlled synchronization in networks of diffusively coupled nonlinear systems with Professor Henk Nijmeijer. His research interests include nonlinear dynamics, nonlinear control, cyber-physical systems, synchronization, consensus, observer design, and time-delayed systems.
- 2013 C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Synchronization in Networks of Identical Linear Systems with Time-Delay, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I. Vol. 61, 1801-1814.
- 2013 C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Network Synchronization by dynamic diffusive couplings. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos. Vol. 23, 1350076.
- 2014 C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Network Synchronization Using Invariant-Manifold-Based Diffusive Dynamic Couplings with Time-Delay, Automatica. Vol. 57, 34-44.
- 2015 C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Network Synchronization of Time-Delayed Coupled Systems Using Predictor-based Diffusive Dynamic Couplings. Chaos: an interdisciplinary journal of nonlinear science. Vol. 25(2), 023108.
- 2015 C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Immersion and Invariance Observers with Time-Delayed Output Measurements. Communication in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. Vol. 30, 227-235.
- 2015 E. Steur, C.G. Murguia, R.H.B. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer. Synchronization and partial synchronization in networks of time delay coupled Hindmarsh-Rose neurons: Experimental results. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos. Submitted (in second revision).
- 2015 C.G. Murguia. Ph.D. Thesis: Controlled Synchronization in Networks of Diffusively Coupled Dynamical Systems. Eindhoven University of Technology. ISBN: 978-90-386-3847-8. Available on request.
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- 2009 C.G. Murguía, H. Rodriguez, and M. Velasco, Trajectory Tracking Control for the planar dynamics of a thrust vectored airship, in Proceeding of the 52nd IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), Cancun Mexico, 2009.
- 2012 C.G. Murguía and H. Nijmeijer Controlled Synchronization in Networks of Nonlinear Systems via Dynamic Couplings, in Proceeding of the 3rd IFAC Conference on Analysis and Control of Chaotic Systems, Cancun Mexico, 2012.
- 2013 H. Nijmeijer and C.G. Murguía, Cooperative Mechanical Systems: Past, Present, and Future, in Proceeding of the 56th Japan Joint Automatic Control Conference, Tokyo Japan, 2013.
- 2013 T. Oguchi, H. Nijmeijer, C.G. Murguia, W.A.W.A. Oomen. Partial Synchronization in Cartesian Product Networks of Coupled Nonlinear Systems without/with Delays, in Proceeding of the 56th Japan Joint Automatic Control Conference. Tokyo Japan, 2013.
- 2014 C.G. Murguía, R. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer, Partial Network Synchronization and Diffusive Dynamic Couplings, in Proceeding of the 19th IFAC World Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, 2014.
- 2014 C.G. Murguía, J. Peña, N. Jeurgens, R. Fey, and H. Nijmeijer, Synchronization in Cartesian-Product Networks of Time-Delay Coupled System, in Proceeding of the 4rd IFAC Conference on Analysis and Control of Chaotic Systems, Tokyo Japan, 2015.
At Eindhoven University of Technology (Master Courses):
- 4K140. Capita Selecta in Control (synchronization in networks of coupled nonlinear systems).
- 4J520. Nonlinear Dynamics.
- 4J500. Control of Nonlinear Systems.