Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
I obtained my PhD in mathematics from the National University of Singapore in 2016. I joined SUTD in 2018. Since 2022, I am a Research Fellow in ESD under the supervision of Professsor Karthik Natarajan.
- PhD in mathematics, National University of Singapore, 2016.
- BSc (Hons) in mathematics, National University of Singapore, 2009.
Optimisation, probability theory.
- Tan, C., To, W. Effective Geometric Hermitian Positivstellensatz. J Geom Anal 31 (2021), no. 2, 2105—2151.
- C. Scheiderer and C. Tan, A Positivstellensatz for forms on the positive orthant, Arch. Math. (Basel) 109 (2017), no. 2, 123–131.
- C. Tan and W.-K. To, Characterization of polynomials whose large powers have all positive coefficients, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), 589–600.
- M. Gao, C. Tan and J. Wu, Loop homological invariants associated to real projective spaces, Topology Appl. 209 (2016), 275–288.
- Honourable Mention, International Mathematical Olympiad, 2002.