I am currently reading game theory and mechanism design with Prof. Shruti and Prof. Ying Xu. I was previously reading both computational and theoretical aspects of stochastic systems with Prof. Jayendran and Prof. Hemachandra at IEOR, IIT Bombay. Prof. Kavitha often helped me in understanding this subject. I like reading optimization as well. I am also interested in the research work of
and I feel above list should expand in coming future. More broadly, I am excited by research at the intersection of computer science, mathematics, statistics, and its applications to scientific discovery.
I personally like reading papers which use ideas from probability and optimization together (few such papers can be seen here, here and here). Click here to see my resume.
- Master of Science (M.Sc. OR) + Doctor of Philosophy Dual Degree (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay)
- Bachelor of Science (Lucknow Christian Degree College, Lucknow)
- Manu K. Gupta and N. Hemachandra. On a Conservation Law and the Achievable Region for Waiting Time Tail Probabilities in 2-class M/G/1 Queueing Systems, International Workshop on Resource Allocation, Cooperation and Competition in Wireless Networks (RAWNET) , IIT Bombay, Mumbai, 05/2015 [PDF] Slides: [PPT] URL: [DOI]
- Manu K. Gupta and N. Hemachandra. On 2-moment Completeness of Non Pre-emptive, Non Anticipative Work Conserving Scheduling Policies in Some Single Class Queues, 13th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt) , IIT Bombay, Mumbai, 05/2015 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- P. Mayekar, J. Venkateswaran, Manu K. Gupta and N. Hemachandra. Performance analysis and decomposition results for some dynamic priority schemes in 2-class queues, International Workshop on Device-to-Device Communications (D2D) , IIT Bombay, Mumbai, 05/2015 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- Manu K. Gupta, N. Hemachandra and J. Venkateswaran. On mean waiting time completeness and equivalence of EDD and HOL-PJ dynamic priority in 2-class M/G/1 queue, 8th International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (ValueTools) , Bratislava, Slovakia, 12/2014 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- A. Rawal, Veeraruna Kavitha and Manu K. Gupta, Optimal Surplus Capacity Utilization in Polling Systems via Fluid Models, 12th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt) , Hammamet, Tunisia, 05/2014 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- Veeraruna Kavitha, Veronique Capdevielle, and Manu K. Gupta, Small Cell Networks: Speed Based Power Allocation, 51st Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing , University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Allerton Retreat Center, Monticello, Illinois, 10/2013 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- Ratnaji Vanga, Manu K. Gupta, and J. Venkateswaran, Performance Evaluation of Bat Algorithm to Solve Deterministic and Stochastic Optimization Problems, International Simulation Conference of India, IIT Madras, Chennai, 02/2013 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]
- Manu K. Gupta, N. Hemachandra and J. Venkateswaran, Optimal pricing and pre-emptive scheduling in exponential server with two classes of customers, International Conference on Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics, Kolkata, India, Allied Publishers, pp. 103-108, 12/2012 [PDF] Slides: [PPT]