Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Dr. Michail Kanakakis is currently a postdoctoral research fellow with the Engineering Systems and Design Pillar, at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. He received his Ph.D. (2016) and the M.Sc. degree (2009), in Computer Science from the department of Informatics of the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece, and obtained the Diploma of Engineer, in Computer Engineering and Informatics from the University of Patras, Greece (2009).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Athens University of Economics and Business, 2016
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Athens University of Economics and Business, 2009
- Diploma of Engineer, in Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras, 2007
Congestion Control Algorithms and Protocols, Queueing Theory, Applied Probabilities, Electrical Smart Grid, Economics of ICT Security, Sharing Economy
Detailed Research Interests
Congestion Control Protocols
Design and implementation of congestion control algorithms for the transfer of time-elastic data, being minimally intrusive with delay-sensitive transmissions.
Electrical Smart Grid
Design and analysis of emerging Business Models, multi-parametric profiling of the end-users’ consumption, dynamic pricing for the social welfare maximization, stochastic algorithms for the optimal load scheduling, mechanism design for the energy cost allocation in the case of positive/negative externalities.
Economics of ICT Security
Using tools of Bayesian statistics and applied probabilities for the design of trust computational models, and the computation of the trustworthiness of composite systems.
Sharing Economy: Modeling ride sharing platforms, game-theoretic analysis of the agents’ economic strategies and of the regulation policies applied by the transportation authority.
- Courcoubetis, C. A., Dimakis, A., & Kanakakis, M. (2017). Congestion Control for Background Data Transfers With Minimal Delay Impact. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 25(5), 2743-2758.
- Courcoubetis C, Dimakis A, Kanakakis M. Minimally Intrusive Server Policies for Background Data Transfers. In International Conference on Network Games, Control, and Optimization 2016 Nov 23 (pp. 79-88).
- Courcoubetis, C., Dimakis, A., and Kanakakis, M. “Fair Congestion Control for Long-lived Background Flows”. International Conference on Network Games, Control and Optimization, Trento, Italy, October 29-31, 2014.
- Courcoubetis, C, Dimakis, A., and Kanakakis, M. “Designing incentive compatible protocols for background data transfers.” International Conference on Communication Systems (ICCS), IEEE 2014.
- Kanakakis, M., Minou, M., Courcoubetis, C., Stamoulis, G. D., & Thanos, G. (2013). A practical iterative price-based approach for optimal demand-response. In proceedings of The Third International Conference on Smart Grids, Green Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies.
- Received the Future Internet Award in FIA (Future Internet Assembly) in Poznan, Poland on October 28th, 2011 (as a member of the TRILOGY PROJECT).
- Received the Best Paper Award from the “Third International Conference on Smart Grids, Green Communications and IT Energy-aware Technologies”.