Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Jia Yi is interested in water resources management and optimization. She obtained her PhD from the Singapore University of Technology and Design under the Economic Development Board (EDB) Industrial Postgraduate Programme. In this programme, she worked as a research scientist at Veolia City Modeling Center and developed a design tool for urban drainage systems to reduce flood risk. Her current research focuses on the Water-Energy-Climate Nexus in the Mekong basin.
- Ph.D., Engineering Systems and Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design (2020)
- B.Eng., Engineering Systems and Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design (2015)
- Water resources management
- Reservoir operations
- Urban drainage
- Ng, J. Y., Fazlollahi, S., & Galelli, S. (2020). Do Design Storms Yield Robust Drainage Systems? How Rainfall Duration, Intensity, and Profile Can Affect Drainage Performance. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 146(3), 04020003.
- Ng, J. Y., Turner, S. W., & Galelli, S. (2017). Influence of El Niño Southern Oscillation on global hydropower production. Environmental Research Letters, 12(3), 034010.