Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Dr. Pattanayak received his Ph.D. degree in Opearions Research under the supervision of Prof. Vishnu Narayanan from
the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay in August, 2018. Currently he is with the Engineering Systems and Design
pillar at Singapore University of Technology and Design as a postdoctoral research fellow.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Engineering Systems and Design Pillar, Singapore University of Technology and Design (August 2018 – Present).
- Research Associate.
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, IIT Bombay (December 2017 – June 2018).
- M.Sc-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research.
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research @ IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India (2018)
- M.Sc. in Statistics (Special Paper: Econometrics).
Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India (2005)
- B.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India (2003)
- Geometry of Mixed Integer Hulls of Convex Sets
- Integer and Mixed Integer Programming
- Intersection Cuts for Convex Mixed Integer Programs from Translated Cones. Pattanayak U & Narayanan V Disctete Optimization, 24:103-128, 2017 (Special Issue: Conic Discrete Optimization)
- Geometry of Integer Hulls of Strictly Convex Sets. Pattanayak U & Narayanan V.
Presented at SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) Annual Meeting (AN18).
Oregon Convention Center (OCC), Portland, Oregon, USA. July 9-13, 2018.
- Intersection Cuts for Convex Mixed Integer programs from Translated Cones. Pattanayak U & Narayanan V.
Presented at SIAM Conference on Optimization (OP17).
Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. May 22-25, 2017.
- Local polyhedrality of integer hulls of strict convex sets. Pattanayak U and Narayanan V.
Presented at SIAM Conference on Discrete Mathematics. Georgia State University, USA. June 6-10, 2016.
- Local Polyhedrality of Integer Hulls of Strict Convex Sets. Pattanayak U & Narayanan V.
Presented Poster at Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) Workshop.
University of Miami School of Business Administration, Coral Gables, Miami, Florida, USA. May 23-26, 2016.
- Intersection Cuts for Convex Integer Programs from Translated Cones. Pattanayak U and Narayanan V.
Invited talk at 22nd International Symposium on Mathematical Programming.
Wyndham Grand, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. July 12-17, 2015.
- Award for Excellence in Thesis Work
for the year 2016-2018 for the outstanding research contributions in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree
of Doctor of Philosophy from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- SIAM Student Travel Award to attend 2018 SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) Annual Meeting.
- SIAM Student Travel Award to attend 2017 SIAM Conference on Optimization.
- MIP Student Travel Support to attend 2016 Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) Workshop.
- Travel Support from IIT Bombay to attend 22nd International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (2015).
- Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship (NET), June 2010
Declared successful by CSIR in the above examination for award of JRF in the subject Mathematical Sciences under
UGC Fellowship scheme. Also declared eligible for Lectureship (NET) in the above subject area.
- All India Rank 12 in JAM 2009 (Mathematics) exam conducted by IITs.