Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Stefanos is a postdoctoral research fellow with the Engineering Systems and Design Pillar, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore. His interests lie at the intersection of Mathematics, Economics and Computer Science. In his current research, he is working with Assistant Professor Georgios Piliouras in Game Theory and its applications in Cryptoeconomics. By developing novel theoretical tools and synthesizing them with concepts from classic Game Theory, Stefanos tries to understand the incentives and strategic interactions of self-interested agents in decentralized markets.
Stefanos received his Ph.D. in Game Theory and M.Sc. Degree in Statistics and Operations Research as Valedictorian from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. During his studies he was funded by a scholarship of the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation. He holds a Diplom in Mathematics with Distinction from TU Darmstadt and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Athens University of Economics and Business. Stefanos grew up in Athens, Greece where he attended the German School of Athens.
- PhD in Game Theory, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Msc in Statistics and Operations Research, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Diploma in Mathematics, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Athens University of Economics and Business
- Game Theory and Economics
- Operations Research
- Weighted Voting on the Blockchain: Improving Consensus in Proof of Stake Protocols, IEEE-ICBC (2019)
- Oceanic Games: Centralization Risks and Incentives in Blockchain Mining, MARBLE (2019)
- Incentives in Ethereum’s Hybrid Casper Protocol, IEEE-ICBC (2019)
- Game Theory and Operations Research
- Endogenizing the Cost Parameter in Cournot Oligopoly, IGTR (to appear).
- On the Commitment Value and Commitment Optimal Strategies in Bimatrix Games, IGTR (2019).
- Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation PhD Scholarship
- Best Paper Award in the 1st IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Best Paper Award in the 1st International Conference on Mathematical Research for Blockchain Economy
- Best Paper Award in the 3rd Annual Decentralized Conference