Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Systems and Design
Dr. Tian Xin is currently a postdoctoral research fellow at the SUTD-MIT International Design Centre (IDC). His main interests are water planning and management, optimization and control. He received his Ph.D. from TUDelft for his work on Model Predictive Control for Operational Water Management. At SUTD, he will be working on flexibility in the design of urban water supply systems.
- Water planning and management
- Systems and control, Model Predictive Control
- Researcher, State Key Lab of Estuarine and Coastal Research (SKLEC), China, 2009-2011.
- PhD in Water Resources Management, Delft University of Technology, 2011-2015
- BSc in applied mathematics, East China Normal University, 2005-2009
- Tian, X.,van Overloop, P.-J., Negenborn, R.R., van de Giesen, N.C.(2014). Operational ?ood control of a low-lying delta system using large time step Model Predictive Control. Advances in Water Resources,75,1. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2014.10.010.
- Clemmens, A.J., Tian, X., van Overloop, P.-J., Litrico, X. Integrator-Delay-Zero Model for Design of Upstream Water-Level Controllers, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. doi:10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0000997
- Tian, X., Negenborn, R.R., van Overloop, P.-J., Maestre, J.M., Mostert, E.(2015). Model Predictive Control for incorporating transport of water and transport over water in the Dutch water system.