Prior to joining SUTD, Weiqi has taught various courses to a large cross section of students and adult learners in several different countries, and her areas of expertise include Technologies and Data Analytics in Finance, Personal Finance & Wealth Management, Financial Markets, Investments and Portfolio Management. Her research interest includes the intersections of technologies, data analytics, computational methods and systems and their applications in business and financial services, investments, portfolio management and risk management. Her research has been published in the Management Science. Weiqi received her PhD in Management from NUS Business School and Bachelor in Computing (with Honors) from National University of Singapore. She is also a CFA Charterholder. Previously, she held positions as a Senior Lecturer in the National University of Singapore, as a Junior Professor in the School of Business and Economics in the University of Muenster, Germany and Visiting Positions including the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
- Ph.D. in Management (Finance), National University of Singapore (2006 – 2012)
- Bachelor in Computing with Honors, major in Electronic Commerce, minor in Financial Mathematics. National University of Singapore (2002 – 2006)
- Financial Data Analytics
- Technological Disruptions in Financial Services
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Personal Finance and Wealth Management
- “Forward-Looking Market Risk Premium”, with Duan Jin-Chuan, 2014, Management Science 60(2), 521-538
- “Effectiveness of Knowledge Acquisition for Newcomers: The relationship between acquisition channels and knowledge types”, with Tan, S.S.L. and Tan, B.C.Y, Proceedings in the 27th Annual International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the U.S.A.